Associate Director of Partnerships
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks an Associate Director of Partnerships who will work with the Director of Partnerships to help the organization attain its ambitious goal of streamlining access to benefits for ten million Americans over the next three years through policy technical assistance, application assistance, and targeted outreach. This growth includes deepening our engagement and providing additional services in the states where BDT currently provides application assistance (CO, MD, NC, NY, PA, SC).
The Associate Director of Partnerships will be responsible for overseeing a team of state-based Engagement Managers to manage, strengthen, and grow the relationships needed to make BDT’s work in these current states a success. These relationships include those with state and local governments, community-based partners, and other stakeholders. Primary responsibilities will include overseeing effective partner management and cultivation, managing and supporting a team of state-based Engagement Managers, and supporting the organization’s overall strategy around deepening BDT’s work in existing states.
The Associate Director of Partnerships reports to the Director of Partnerships, who is based in the Philadelphia office, and will oversee staff located in multiple states. The Associate Director will need to travel frequently to BDT’s states when BDT determines it is safe to do so based on public health recommendations. BDT would prefer the Associate Director to live in the Philadelphia region but is willing to consider candidates from other geographical locations.
· Oversee successful partnership management and cultivation in the six states where BDT currently provides application assistance
· Supervise a team of Engagement Managers charged with maintaining and building relationships with partners to increase benefits access and streamline enrollment; support team building and peer to peer learning across states and engagement staff
· Oversee the Engagement Managers' negotiation of data shares and contracts, as well as the creation of reports and proposals for external partners
· Execute a state-based cultivation strategy to identify opportunities to streamline benefits access and connect with key stakeholders who can facilitate BDT’s growth in current states
· Collaborate with internal teams to explore new opportunities, deliver on contractual obligations, and manage partner expectations effectively
· Partner with the Development team and other staff to secure funding from government partners to continue and expand projects or establish new projects
· Provide and review content for proposals, fact sheets, presentations, blogs, etc. for a range of audiences, in partnership with the Engagement Managers and BDT’s Development and Communications teams
· Ensure Engagement Managers keep abreast of policy and partner developments in their respective states
· Oversee BDT's participation in relevant state or local task forces, workgroups, and conferences
· Supervise and support the professional development of BDT’s Engagement staff
· Work with the Director of Partnerships to create a framework for partnership success goals, and then work with the Engagement Managers to meet those goals
· Engage in and inform goal setting for BDT’s states, the department, and organization, and conduct ongoing goal progress assessment
· At least seven years’ experience cultivating and managing relationships with the government; experience with community-based organizations, healthcare entities, or philanthropy a plus
· Superior oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively work with internal and external teams
· Exceptional writing skills and the ability to draft and edit a wide variety of materials, including but not limited to proposals, presentations, fact sheets, and funder reports
· Demonstrated skill managing and coaching talented, highly motivated staff as well as team-building capabilities
· Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate across cross-functional teams, managing multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing assignments, and working independently
· Must possess creativity and problem-solving skills, a strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a sense of humor
· Knowledge of public benefit programs strongly preferred
· High level of proficiency in MS Office (including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); experience with Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool strongly preferred
Due to COVID-19, BDT is operating under a remote-working protocol, following governmental requirements and CDC guidelines. While this job will begin as fully remote, when BDT determines it is safe to do so based on public health recommendations, we will move back into our Centre Square office. At that time, all Philadelphia-based staff are expected to transition back into the office.
Benefits Data Trust is a national nonprofit that helps people live healthier, more independent lives by creating smarter ways to access essential benefits and services. Each year, BDT helps tens of thousands of people receive critical supports using data, technology, targeted outreach, and policy change. Since its inception in 2005, BDT has screened more than one million households and secured over $7.5 billion in benefits and services. BDT employs more than 250 people and provides enrollment assistance to individuals in six states, and policy assistance to states nationwide. For more information, visit bdtrust.org.