Senior Engagement Manager - Texas
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks a Senior Engagement Manager who will work with the Vice President of Partnerships and Associate Director of Partnerships to launch the inaugural Benefits Navigation Ecosystem initiative in Dallas, Texas. This initiative aims to lay the groundwork for building a sustainable, equitable, and impactful public benefits access system for the City of Dallas. Over a 2-year period, BDT will engage with residents, government, and community-based organizations to understand how benefits such as SNAP, ACP, and WIC are currently accessed and delivered in Dallas and identify the strategies, tools, and services needed to facilitate an equitable benefits access system.
The Senior Engagement Manager will help shape and validate BDT’s city-based approach to assisting states and communities in creating dignified, equitable, and proactive benefits access systems. BDT will conduct user experience research and focus groups, engage and convene key stakeholders, and conduct targeted outreach experimentation to expose the needs and challenges facing eligible residents and the institutions and organizations that serve them. At the project’s conclusion, BDT will deliver actionable recommendations to the City of Dallas on ways to easily support eligible residents to access and renew benefits. The ideal candidate is passionate about community engagement and health and human service collaboration, must be exceptionally skilled at external relationships and project management and enjoys taking a concept from vision to reality. This is a 2-year position with the possibility of an extension with additional funding.
The Senior Engagement Manager will manage the relationships needed to fulfill contract requirements in close collaboration with officials from the City of Dallas Office of Community Care. They will work side-by-side with BDT teams responsible for delivering a strategic benefits access roadmap that will enable the City to build a system to allow eligible Dallas residents to access and renew benefits easily. They will keep BDT stakeholders informed of critical developments and seek appropriate guidance.
The Senior Engagement Manager will primarily focus on Dallas-based activities but will be expected to travel throughout the State of Texas, as requested. They will also travel to BDT offices in Philadelphia when needed.
Based in Dallas (or the surrounding area), the Senior Engagement Manager reports to the Associate Director of Partnerships.
• Develop and lead a relationship cultivation strategy, including management of state and local government partners and community-based stakeholders, necessary to facilitate an equitable benefits access system
• Actively support all project activities by providing context and representing stakeholder expectations, requirements, timelines, deadlines, etc., at regular meetings
• Manage relationships with the Dallas Office of Community Care and ensure ongoing collaboration with city leaders throughout the project
• Build and maintain relationships with Texas city and state policymakers, advocates, anti-poverty and/or health care stakeholders to leverage relevant benefit access policies in connection with BDT’s policy and practice work
• Support the Philanthropy team and key Dallas stakeholders in identifying sustainable funding sources
• Provide partner-specific content for communication materials, contracts, scopes of work, budgets, and data-sharing agreements
• At least seven years of relevant experience cultivating and managing relationships with government, community-based organizations, and philanthropy
• Superb organizational and project-management skills with the ability to change courses quickly and adapt to tight deadlines
• Professional experience networking and being an agency’s spokesperson with high-profile executives within both government and philanthropy settings
• Superior oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to work with internal and external teams and network effectively
• Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to draft and edit a wide variety of materials
• Commitment to improving the lives of underserved populations
• Ability to frequently travel throughout Dallas and occasionally across the state
• Knowledge and familiarity with the public benefits landscape are strongly preferred
BDT has adopted a mandatory vaccination and testing policy to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19. Employees may request an exemption from the policy by providing documentation for medical or religious reasons if needed.
The salary range starts at $85,000 and is commensurate with relevant experience.
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) harnesses the power of data, technology, and policy to provide efficient and dignified access to assistance, improving people’s health and financial security. Together with a national network of government agencies and other partners, we streamline public benefits systems and directly connect eligible families and individuals to programs that help pay for food, healthcare, housing, and more. A nonprofit since 2005, BDT has secured more than $7.5 billion in benefits for households across the country, building pathways to economic mobility and a more equitable future. Learn more about BDT -- a proud recipient of a 2021 and 2022 Top Workplaces USA Award -- at BDTrust.org.