Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks an Engagement Manager to manage and nurture all BDT’s work and relationships with government and CBO core partners in Maryland. Our current core partners in Maryland are the Department of Human Services (DHS), Department of Health (MDH) and the SNAP Outreach partners. The Engagement Manager is the principal person responsible for ensuring state agency partners understand the intricacies of BDT’s model needed to facilitate program/project implementation. The Engagement Manager is also responsible for cultivating relationships with other partners in the benefits access space to keep internal BDT stakeholders informed of benefits access priorities and activities, helping to drive state strategic planning.
This role is a permanently remote position based in MD and will report to the Associate Director of Partnerships. The candidate must be a resident of, or willing to move to Maryland. When public health officials deem it safe to do so, the MD Engagement Manager will have the opportunity to travel to BDT offices in Philadelphia to meet colleagues and experience hands-on training and support. Travel around the state is an expectation of this role when it is considered safe to do so.
- Oversee relationship management and engagement for all MD government and/or CBO contracts
- Act as the primary point of contact between the partner and BDT for all contract execution, administration, implementation and reporting including data share agreements
- Coordinate with BDT’s internal teams such as Projects, Finance, Legal, and others, on all contract renewals to deploy new projects, manage project implementation, troubleshoot, and manage partner expectations effectively, ensuring that ongoing partner needs are heard and met
- Keep abreast of all BDT’s non-government initiatives and the benefits access ecosystem
- Deeply understand government and CBO partners’ goals, expectations, contract and project requirements, and measures of success
- Plan and lead all partner-facing meetings, including agenda creation and note-taking, as well as the communication of action steps to external parties and participate in various workgroups and task forces
- Seek out ways to deepen partner relationships via agency mapping and opportunity identification to contribute to the ongoing strategic plan for your state
- Provide and review content for proposals, fact sheets, presentations, blogs, etc. for a range of audiences, in partnership with BDT’s Development and Communications teams
- Present on BDT’s work at conferences, online events, and other high-profile meetings
- Five+ years of work experience focused on relationship building and management; at least two years of which working with government strongly preferred
- Knowledge and familiarity of the public benefits landscape preferred
- Ability to manage a complex portfolio of projects and deliverables amid competing deadlines
- Exceptional oral communication and presentation skills, with experience presenting to and engaging executive-level individuals and groups
- Excellent commitment to detail and follow-through
- Desire to thrive in a high-performance environment where collaboration and fostering/maintain positive working relationships are critical
- Must possess creativity, analytical thinking, a positive attitude, good judgement and constructive problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with travel within the state of Maryland and occasional travel outside the state (when deemed safe to do so)
- Self-directed and able to thrive in a remote working environment with multiple communication channels
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) harnesses the power of data, technology, and policy to provide efficient and dignified access to assistance, improving people’s health and financial security. Together with a national network of government agencies and other partners, we streamline public benefits systems and directly connect eligible families and individuals to programs that help pay for food, healthcare, housing, and more. A nonprofit since 2005, BDT has secured more than $7.5 billion in benefits for households across the country, building pathways to economic mobility and a more equitable future. Learn more about BDT -- a proud recipient of a 2021 Top Workplaces USA Award -- at BDTrust.org.