Product Manager – Client Outreach
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks a Product Manager to lead the development of products and services that deliver smarter ways to access public benefits. This role collaborates extensively with BDT’s internal experts, external partners, and stakeholders. The Product Manager must maintain a deep understanding of the needs and interests of individuals we serve, our users, and critical partners, such as government agencies, health insurance plans, and community organizations. The Product Manager is instrumental in guiding organizational priorities and communicating plans to achieve BDT’s mission.
As part of the Product Management team, this role will focus on Client Outreach. This role oversees the digital tools and complementary services to provide multi-channel outreach campaigns to individuals potentially eligible for benefits. In this role, there is extensive coordination with our Partnerships team to develop tools to support outreach campaigns on behalf of external agencies and government services.
Based in our Center City Philadelphia office, the Product Manager reports to the Director of Product.
Our office is currently operating under a remote-working protocol, following governmental requirements and CDC guidelines due to COVID-19. When BDT determines it is safe to do so based on public health recommendations, staff will transition back into our Centre Square office.
- Deft at balancing suggestions and requests for enhancements/upgrades with new feature work and product maintenance from the digital product backlog
- Coordinate solution and interaction across the technology stack (user, presentation layer, infrastructure, data, and transport) to support desired experience
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide support for escalation management, identify, and resolve ambiguity, manage competing priorities with consistency and transparency
- Work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams throughout the digital lifecycle to ensure objectives are achieved, digital backlogs groomed, and timelines are met
- Define high-level project scope charters to ground internal understanding of proposed work, then lead specification and prioritization of stories and epics
- Guide decision-making through a wide lens, simultaneously considering strategic and tactical issues, short-term and long-term implications, and idea generation and project execution
- Foster organizational transparency and confidence in the Product vision through an effective roadmap, prioritization, and release communication
- Active engagement to maintain knowledge of product, industry & competitive landscape
- Define, monitor, and communicate product success metrics
- Supports leadership team to operationalize strategy, forecast market needs, and bring products to market
- Ability to pivot between specifics of a user’s hands-on experience in the product and vision for product opportunities in the market landscape
- Drives continuous innovation and refinement in our digital tools and services
- Weigh in on funding opportunities to ensure alignment with roadmaps and organizational strategy.
- Three or more years of experience in product management and development
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative, collaborative, and attentive to detail
- Ability to collaborating on technical decisions, understand tradeoffs needed to optimize front end, back end, and data aspects of your product for web and mobile devices
- Passionate about creating intuitive user workflows that effectively use data to provide measurable value
- Ability to communicate decision rationale that leverages quantitative and qualitative data.
- Comfort with ambiguity and fast-moving environment
- Eager to contribute to BDT’s mission by connecting people with service and support; simplifying and improving how they can be served, and affecting economic, health, and social change
- Knowledge of public benefit programs and assistance models
- Experience establishing a digital product management capability
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) harnesses the power of data, technology, and policy to provide efficient and dignified access to assistance, improving people’s health and financial security. Together with a national network of government agencies and other partners, we streamline public benefits systems and directly connect eligible families and individuals to programs that help pay for food, healthcare, housing, and more. A nonprofit since 2005, BDT has secured more than $7.5 billion in benefits for households across the country, building pathways to economic mobility and a more equitable future. Learn more about BDT -- a proud recipient of a 2021 Top Workplaces USA Award -- at BDTrust.org.